For the 26th year, CAP has committed to assist local charities AND recognize our employees who volunteer their time and expertise to these nonprofits as part of its annual Presidents Award for Community Service program.
At its heart, the President’s Award is about service to the community.
“CAP values volunteerism and service to the community,” says CAWCD Board President Terry Goddard. “CAP employees volunteer their personal time to help others in the community. That takes dedication and commitment. And this includes the CAWCD Board of Directors whose members are also volunteers. We all share a commitment to community service.”
This year’s recognized charities included the charities CAP, as an organization, supports throughout the year:
- Better Piggies Pig Rescue
- Duet – Partners in Healthy Aging
- Friends of the Tonto National Forest
- Hospice of the Valley
- Lost Our Home Pet Rescue
- Maggie’s Place
- Miracle League of Arizona
- Southwest Wildlife Conservation Center
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul
- Mary’s Food Bank
- The Tempe Healing Field
- Valley Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Zoowalk for Autism Research
In addition, CAP donated to the individual charities our employees support:
- Aksharam Mission
- AZ Wildfire Softball
- Banzerini House
- Boy Scouts of America – Troops 401 & 316
- Friends of the Surprise Libraries, Inc.
- HandsOn Greater Phoenix
- Home ‘Fur’ Good
- Liberty Wildlife
- MORE Foundation
- Rusty’s Angels Sanctuary
- Solid Rock Foundation
- Surrendered Souls Rescue
- Town of Dewey-Humboldt Planning Committee
CAP salutes these charities for the work they do every day and the work our dedicated employees do to make our communities a better place!