The Central Arizona Water Conservation District Board met Thursday, March 30 for its annual Pinal County meeting in Casa Grande. The meeting began by honoring former Board Member Marie Pearthree who passed away in February. The Board presented her family with a resolution in her honor and a donation to the Marie S. Pearthree Summer Research Scholarship at the University of Arizona Foundation.
Before getting into the business portion of the meeting, the Board heard a presentation by Jeff Somers, training manager for central manufacturing at Nikola Motors. The Board had an opportunity to tour the Nikola plant the day prior to the meeting.
On the consent agenda, the Board approved:
- Construction Contract for Reline Project at Mark Wilmer Pumping Plant
- Additional Contract Spending Authority for Professional Services Contract for SCADA Standards Development
The Board also heard a number of presentations including:
- S. System Conservation Agreements involving CAP subcontractors
- Pool 34 Repair and Service Area Hydrology Evaluation
- CAP Contracts and Water Uses in CAP’s Service Area
- Colorado River Conditions
The CAWCD Board of Directors is a popularly elected, 15-member board. Ten members are from Maricopa County, four from Pima County and one from Pinal County. Members serve six-year, unpaid terms. The board typically meets publicly the first Thursday of each month to establish policy and set rates and taxes for CAP. Meetings are open to the public – in person and via livestream.
For additional details on the March 30, 2023 board meeting, take a look at the agenda. Board minutes and video will be posted here, as well.
KRA: Public Trust, Partnerships & Leadership
Earning and preserving public trust, building and maintaining partnerships, and providing informed water management leadership